I’m having too much fun playing PvP as a Sith assassin. (In fact, PvP is the only reason why I renewed my subscription for another month.) After playing my fair share of warzones (and waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Huttball), I’d like to share what I’ve learned with all ten of my regular readers. Perhaps they will spread the word to others looking to jump into PvP and get all stealthy assassiny:
- You Are A Glass Cannon. Yes, your DPS is awesome. Scounderels want to be you. Children look up to you. Women want to date you. But, your armor sucks. Bad. You can click your heels together as many times as you want, but if you go toe to toe with someone on your same level, you will be respawning in no time flat.
- Stick With a Group. Since you are a glass cannon, it would be wise to stick close to another person (preferably a tank), so that you can help them. In Huttball, you should be sticking close to the ball handler anyway so that you can help clear a path for them.
- Stick to the Outside. Stealth is going to be your greatest advantage. In the chaos of the warzone, if you can’t stick close to someone, stealth and pick off someone. This technique is particularly useful in the Voidstar where healers and smugglers/imperial agents like to setup cover away from the doors and blast people.
- Players Forget About You. Most players are too focused on their next kill to remember that there is a shadow in their midst. One of my favorite things to do in the Novare Coast is to stealth at an enemy controlled turret if it becomes obvious that we are going to fail to take over control. Often, the opposing team will leave thinking they have defeated everyone. Once they are gone, I break stealth and take control of the turret. This same technique is useful in the Voidstar as well. Everyone is busy fighting each other, they don’t notice the assassin that just popped up at the door to plant a bomb.
- Die Trying. If you find yourself in a jam and it becomes, obvious you are going to die, go out in a blaze of glory. Even if your opponent has significantly more health than you, use your abilities on them. Slow them. Stun them. Anything. Even if you are going to die, any small thing you do may help your teammate take them down.
- Get Your Demolisher Medal. The demolisher medal is earned by striking someone for 2.5k damage in a single hit. This may be difficult to do against other level 50′s, but should be a cinch against others. Use an adrenal and/or a relic, sneak up behind someone and let them have it. You should be able to get this medal each time you play a warzone.